Sunday 21 October 2012

Perfume-Click Haul Review: Bourjois Waterproof Essentials, Max Factor Masterpiece Beyond Length mascara & True Gold blusher

In my last post, I told you about my experience using the fantastic new discount fragrance and beauty website perfume-click.co.uk. This post takes a closer look at each of the products I bought.
Perfume-Click haul KatSick

Bourjois Waterproof Essentials Gift Set Review

£10.35
Contents: Bourjois Volume Clubbing Waterproof mascara 11ml, 2 x Contour Clubbing Waterproof eyeliners (1 x black party, 1 x blue remix, both 1.2 grams).

Bourjois Waterproof Essentials

I tend to favour waterproof eye makeup since I have really sensitive eyes which often stream when it's bright or chilly outside. I couldn't resist this Bourjois gift set then, especially since I have used Bourjois' Clubbing mascara in the past and love the wide-awake effect it has on my lashes. Check out this before and after picture...
Bourjois Volume Clubbing mascara before&after KatSick
I love that the mascara is 11ml also - branded mascaras these days are usually a stingy 8ml only! I was glad to find this (discontinued?) mascara on Perfume-Click.

I'd never used Bourjois Contour Clubbing Waterproof eyeliner before getting my hands on this set. I have to say I am very impressed with these pencil liners. Not only are they completely waterproof, but smudge-proof too! The 'Clubbing' part of the product's name is very apt, for a sweaty night of drinking and dancing would not see the liner budge from the applied area.
Boujois countour clubbing waterproof eyeliner

Max Factor Masterpiece Beyond Length mascara Review

£3.45 
(Blazing Black, 2 x 5.3ml)

While this Max Factor Masterpiece mascara is not waterproof, at just £3.45 on Perfume-Click, I just had to give it a go! The mascara is designed so the black end is applied to lashes first, followed by the pink for a flash of colour.
Max Factor Masterpiece Beyond Length mascara

I am quite disappointed with this mascara (so much so that I haven't even bothered to take a photo of me wearing it!) The wand has fixed, plastic bristles which saw applying the product a somewhat uncomfortable experience  Also, the colour flash was only evident to myself when the sun hit my lashes and made it a little hard to see properly (the effect is hard to explain...but akin to those weird colour eye 'floaters' people get sometimes, just pink!)

Definitely not a product I intend to buy again!

True Gold blusher Review

£2.40 on Perfume-Click (Pink, 3 grams).
True Gold blusher pink

Again, this is a product I decided to try due to it's low price. I've needed a new blusher for a while and having never heard of the True Gold brand (I've since discovered it's a cheap-o brand manufactured in Manchester), I decided to give this a shot.

Many ladies out there won't give cheap makeup brands a chance. As someone with few spare pennies currently, I am not one such lady! I really like this blusher - it is not as bright as the above picture might suggest and gives a natural looking glow. The picture below shows me wearing the blush, in addition to the before-discussed Bourjois Clubbing mascara.


Remember to visit perfume-click.co.uk if you want to try these products for yourself, or you're seeking other discount cosmetics or fragrance.

/KatSick.

No comments:

Post a Comment