When asked to pick out a shirt for review, I couldn't resist this 'Zombie Raver DJ' print (£12).
I'm thrilled to feature Rocky The Zombie on KatSick - I've been a happy customer of the business a few times before. Below you can see me (very intoxicated and heavily pierced) back in 2008, wearing a RTZ 'Umbrella' design, which I wore to - it's literal - death.
|Quite glad I don't look like this any more...though gosh, I look happy (drunk)!|
I love the Rocky The Zombie brand for the following reasons:
- The the designs are adorable (duh!)
- The inks used for printing are not those awful ones which crack and flake through wear, or washing machine spins
- Ranon makes great efforts to ensure her business is as eco-friendly as possible. Not only are the shirts used made of organic cotton, but the inks are Permaset water-based (chemical free!). Her packaging is fully recyclable too!
- Custom orders are not a problem - in fact, RTZ invites them!
- RTZ doesn't just design and print adult T-shirts - hoodies, baby clothes, tote bags, jewellery and more is available though the main site and Etsy store
Rocky The Zombie packagingEvery time I have bought goods from RTZ, my goods have been beautifully wrapped. This time was no different - I opened the purple mailing bag to find my shirt neatly folded and wrapped within mauve tissue paper.
A sparkly green ribbon was also wrapped around my shirt, with a Rocky The Zombie double-sided business/care instructions card lovingly attached.
Zombie Raver DJ ShirtYou already know I love the motif, so what else can I tell you about this shirt?
Well, the organic cotton is really soft, comfortable and breathable (unlike some handmade shirt companies I have bought from in the past, which employ the cheapest shirts they can possible find for maximum profit!)
I am particularly impressed with the fact this shirt is long enough for me. At 6ft 1" tall, too often I have purchased lady-fit shirts only to find they barely reach my hip line! This fits perfectly however.
This evening I've learnt just how difficult is it to take a body shot of yourself - even using the timer on my phone camera did not stop me from looking gormless/in the wrong direction/both in every shot! This however is the best of the batch and will have to do for now...
|"Braaaaiiiiins..." (or something to that effect)|