Tuesday 23 October 2012

Max Factor: Poor Customer Service on Facebook

Whenever I review a cosmetics item or electrical beauty appliance on this blog, I like to post a link to said review on the relevant brands' Facebook page, as well as the FBL group wall (regardless of whether it happens to be a positive or negative review).

I like to share my experiences with other consumers, to help inform their own purchase decisions. IMO, it's important companies take note of negative feedback, since such enables necessary product improvements to be made in the future.

When I blogged about Max Factor's Masterpiece Beyond Length duo mascara this Sunday then, I left a link to my review on the Max Factor Facebook page.

The moderator of the page obviously didn't read my post - at least, not immediately - because on Monday they hit the 'Like' button. You can see my response in the screen shot below.

When whoever runs the page responded, they 'Unliked' my post, probably because they felt a tad foolish! [Click the image below to enlarge it].

The provided customer services email address you can see in the image above did not work - delivery failure was reported instantly. When I informed "Max Factor" this email address is void, they asked me to try it once more by typing it in as opposed to copying and pasting, just in case.

This made no difference at all and when I told them this, do you know what happened?

They deleted my post entirely! They have made no effort to contact me since either! This is despite the fact that further posts from the brand have been published on the wall.

Strangely, this subsequent post has NOT been deleted. Yet...
I wouldn't mind but the mod said they wanted to discuss my experiences further with me.

Why invite me to seek the aid of Max Factor's customer services and then blow me off with no explanation whatsoever?

I don't have a landline telephone either, and 0800 number cost a bloody fortune from mobiles!

I have since located what I can only assume is the official contact form for Max Factor's customer services. In addition to using this form, and I will also be posting a link to this blog post on the offending Max Factor Facebook page.

I wonder if that will be deleted too?

I'll keep you posted.
[UPDATE 29/10: What happened next]

/Katsick.

4 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to see how this saga turns out! Customer service is a big deal to me, personally, and can really make or break the way I respond to a brand--especially when there are so many options out there for cosmetics. I'll go out of my way to dupe a cosmetic item if I don't feel awesome about a brand/supplier and the way they handle consumers on an individual level.

    By the way, thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has been some further developments...I will post an update soon Jacee! I really do think it is important to complain about bad products.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you that it’s important for companies to take note of negative feedback. With it, they can find out what is lacking in a product/service and improve on that aspect. However, as in what happened to you, companies should always take good care of complaints and feedbacks. Good customer service can lead to brand loyalty and a fan base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think sometimes brands consider themselves too important to listen to negative feedback (mainly because the majority of unhappy customers won't take the time to complain at all!) Other brands I could shame include MUA (Superdrug) and The Body Shop...

      Delete