Tuesday 12 March 2013

S'now Joke: These Socks are the Best! [Heat Holders]

Baby [pink Heat Holders socks

You may remember I previously reviewed a pair of Heat Holders - some truly awesome thermal socks, with a tog rating of 2.3. In fact, that review remains one of my most popular posts to date!

Well, today's snowy weather saw me head to Sports Direct, to take advantage of their current offer of two pairs for £10 (selected varieties only). My feet were freezing during the walk into work this morning (I was wearing standard socks) and my toes were still chilly by the time lunch rolled around.

I actually spotted the Heat Holders 2 for £10 offer last week, but I was short on time and so couldn't stop to purchase any. I finally own a bright pink pair (yay!) in size 4-8, and I chose a larger pair in black (size 6-11), in the hope they'll provide my tootsies a little extra warmth.

Each pair was £5.99 outside of the 2 for £10 promotion.

Amsterdam FEB 2012 ice canals
Amsterdam, 08 FEB 2012: All of these people are much braver than I!
I wouldn't dare walk on a frozen canal!
The erratic UK weather has made me paranoid Amsterdam will be covered in a thick layer of snow when I go there in a fortnight's time - I bloody hope not! I'm accident prone enough without ice under m'feet, AND trams flying all over the place! I figured buying the socks "for my holiday" justified today's spend though.

An added bonus is that these thick socks are great for blister prevention - so they're ideal even if the weather is a more spring-like, since I'll be exploring the 'Dam on foot.

Unfortunately, Sports Direct's deal does not include knee-high Heat Holders, which I am still really eager to try. I'll let you know what I think should I get hold of a pair at any point.

/KatSick.

No comments:

Post a Comment